How To Install ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM On HTC Explorer
We have seen how to root HTC Explorer and now lets install ICS ROM CyanogenMod 9 on this cute little device.
- Should have CWM recovery installed after rooting
- For Rooting check: How To Root HTC Explorer
- Then go to Google play-store and installed CWM recovery
- Unlock bootloader - HTC learn by going to htcdev site
- Download "ICS 4.0.4 CM9 Android ROM" zip file from internet
- Connect and mount your HTC Explorer USB (mass) memory on your computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded ROM zip file into you SD card(SD card root)
- Switch off your phone
- Next you have to reboot into bootloader mode- Turn on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Select bootloader from menu and go to recovery (Navigate using Vol up and down and select using power button)
- In ClockworkMod recovery, wipe data first. Then move/scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
- Press the power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Now using your volume keys, navigate to ICS ROM zip file and select it using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
- After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. Your phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
Now you have successfully installed ICS CM9 ROM on your HTC pico Ae310