How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 LTE Android 4.2.2 XXUAMD2
Samsung Galaxy S4 Is the flasgship phone from Samsung's android range. The specs of the device makes it a cute beast. The Samsung Galaxy S4 offers a much improved display, one that is slightly larger than the Samsung Galaxy S3, and with a much higher resolution. The Galaxy S4 features a 1080P HD resolution on a 5-inch display. This is the same resolution as most HDTVs, but in a smaller package.Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, temperature, humidity, gesture. and lots more. It also Features a Octa-Core processor for mind blowing performance.
Warning And Must Read Instructions:
- You should be aware that rooting an android device will make its warranty void.
- To Regain Warranty incase of any problems Unroot the device
- You should download all required drivers- Drivers can be downloaded from below.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 4GLTE I9505 which has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 with 1.9 GHz CPU.
- Only for the Android 4.2.2 XXUAMD2 Jelly Bean build.
- Do not use this for other alaxy S4 I9500 device with Exynos 5 Octa variant.
- Backup all data that you have stored in your device’s internal memory.
- Disable or uninstall the security programs that running in the both devices PC and your smartphone (Antivirus and Firewall) that can interfere with the rooting process.
- Disable the Samsung KIES app installed to your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging option. To do that you should find the Developer Options. If you cannot find these options, open the Settings tab then on the About Phone section tap 7 times on the ‘Build Number’ section.
- Verify the device’s battery and be sure the level of the power charge there is more than 60%, in other ways if you don’t have enough power left in your device’s battery, your device can take a forced power off in the middle of the rooting process.
- The instructions listed here are only for instructional and educational purpose, so do not blame us or liable if you’ll brick your device or lose any data during the rooting process. The decision to use this guide is only in own risk. Use this guide only if you’re an advanced Android user and you know what to do with your device.
- Download the root firmware file above given, save the file in your PC and after that extract its content and save the content on a new folder.
- Download the Odin 3.07 and save it in your PC, after that extract its content into one single folder. If 3.07 didn't work out, use older versions of ODIN.
- Power off your S4 , after you downloaded the files and extract them contents,
- Now, boot your S4 LTE device into its Download Mode. To do that you need to press and keep holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneous and release them when the Download mode will show on your device’s display.
- Now, open the ODIN app from your PC, to do that you need double clicking on the Odin executable file from the ODIN folder created above.
- From the Odin interface click PDA button, then browse the ‘CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5? extracted at the first step and load this root file in the ODIN app.
- Important: Do not change any default options or settings of the ODIN app and make sure the Re-Partition option is disabled from the ODIN app.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your Computer using the original USB cord. The ODIN has to display the ‘Added!!’ message. Now your S4 device can receive the rooting file.
- Now, from the ODIN app when you’re ready to begin the rooting process, press the ‘Start’ button.
- Now wait to complete the rooting process, when the root has been applied on your S4 device the device will take a restart.
- After the restart is completed, disconnect the device to the PC and wait to boot in the new rooted Android 4.2.2 XXUAMD2 firmware for the first time.
You Have Successfully Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE !
"Important: The smartphone should show you, on its display, a red Android logo during the booting process. If this logo doesn’t show then boot your S4 device into the Recovery Mode and follow these below lines:
- First power off the S4 device and remove battery. After the 5 seconds passed reinsert the battery in its place.
- Boot the S4 smartphone into the Recovery Mode. To do that press and keep holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneous until the Recovery Mode menu is displayed.
- From there select the ‘reboot system now’ option and your phone will take a restart. Now wait to boot your smartphone into the normal made.
- If you want to install in your Galaxy S4 I9505 device the latest custom ROM available for this model then you need to have installed one Recovery Custom image, for doing that you can download and install the ROM Manager from here and install the CWM Recovery image using this tool.
- If you’re not familiar with the CWM Recovery tool and you prefer to install an alternative, then you can download and install the GooManager, and use it to install the TWRP Recovery image.